Touch Rugby Season 2020
Games are at Waihi College Top Fields, Rata St, Waihi
First Round Games begin for Y1-8: Wednesday 21st October 2020, Term 4, Week 2.
Last Round Games for Y1/2 & Y7/8: Wednesday 25th November, Term 4, Week 7.
Last Round Games for Y3/4 & 5/6: Wednesday 9th December, Term 4, Week 9.
We may finish a week earlier, depending on the number of teams, fields and refs.
Finals are held on the last Wednesday, with Prizegiving straight after.
All information will be on our ‘Waihi Junior Touch’ facebook page. So please LIKE and SHARE with
- This is a Junior Touch mixed competition on Wednesday afternoons. Mixed meaning Maximum
of 4 boys and minimum of 2 girls on the field at any one time.
- The four grades are Year 1/2, Year 3/4, Year 5/6, Year 7/8 – 13
- Year 1/2 – Schools need to enter teams (same as other grades) and they will have a comp
running for 6 weeks.
- The Y7/8 module (could be Y7-13 depending on numbers) will run for 6 weeks. Zac Te Wake is
organising these teams at the College.
- It is recommended that teams are no more than 10 registered players to allow children to spend
more time on the field playing than on the sideline.
- Each team requires a Team Manager/Coach. And there will be a meeting for these volunteers on
the second Wednesday of comp (Wednesday 28th October)
- School Teams must include a minimum of 2 girls on the field at all times. When 2 girls are on the
field, 4 boys can be on the field. If you are short girls on the day and only one girl is on the field
you can still only play 4 boys, not 5.
TIMES OF GAMES
Games are two 15 minute halves, with no half time or full time break. Games (at this point in time):
- Y1/2 games are between 3.30pm – 4pm (2 games of 12 min, no half time or switching ends)
- Y3/4 games are between 3.30pm – 5pm
- Y5/6 games are between 4pm – 5.30pm
- Y7/8 games are between 5pm – 6pm (Y7-13 depending on numbers)
This may change due to the number of Team Entries.
DRAW – this will be available via our Facebook page Waihi Junior Touch.
We have organised College students to referee games where possible. Please know that we do
everything we can to get referees to cover games. Unfortunately there is sometimes a shortage, so
parents will be asked to step in where needed. Let us know if you have some good referee
candidates that would be able to help out too.
Each team is responsible for their own first aid.
The coach/manager should be aware of any special medical conditions of a player.
– The toilets are open at the field.
– BBQ sausage sizzle will be on sale for $2 sausage and $2 juicies. The profits from the sausage
sizzle are going towards our Waihi Junior Touch players subscriptions and payments towards our ref
– Please stay out of the pavilion.
– Parents or school staff (managers/coaches) need to supervise all of their students at all times.
We are affiliated to Touch NZ to ensure we can provide a pathway for our local children to play at a
representative level, for consistency of play and to grow our summer game!
We are looking for sponsorship for our TouchNZ subs and Thames Valley subs – approximately
$400 and $600 respectively. This will ensure we are able to keep this module FREE for all of our kids.
Thanks to Waihi College for providing our venue free of charge.